I love Indian curry and wanted to make my own. Unfortunately, it is sometimes hard to find the ingredients so I decided to make my own recipe. I changed around a Penang Curry recipe to a Red Curry recipe and it came out delicious.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 4 tbsp. Red Curry Paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup roasted and unsalted cashews
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped white/yellow onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 6 Thai basil leaves
- 6 broccoli florets
- White Rice
- In a wok or large fry pan (which is what I used), heat oil on medium heat.
- Once hot, add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped cashews and let cook until light brown.
- Stir in curry paste.
- Whisk in coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice and turn heat up to medium-high for 5 minutes. Add to taste.
- Add veggies and basil and let simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Serve over rice and add chicken or tofu for some extra protein.