I unfortunately have to say I don’t like chocolate, yes I know, I’m crazy (I’ve been told this many times). I also don’t like cake, cupcakes or many sweets. At birthday parties people would stare at me thinking I’d change my mind and tell them to throw a slab of cake on my plate but no. The one sweet I do enjoy and love is peanut butter cookies of each and every kind. These peanut butter cookies are great because they are soft and chewy and stay that way, you won’t be getting the next-day-hard-as-a-rock cookie with this recipe.
What you will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
7. With a wet fork, gently press a crisscross pattern on top of cookies.
8. Bake for 18-22 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along the edges.