So want something delicious and pretty healthy to eat? I know you do! Let’s get a little bit Vietnamese and make some delicious Lettuce Cups. They’re oh so yummy and don’t leave you with that feeling of lead. It’s like a delicious portable style salad.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 red or green chiles, seeded and finely chopped (i used a can of chopped green chiles)
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup each fish sauce and fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp superfine sugar or granulated sugar
- 12 small leaves of Boston lettuce
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 small shallots, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro
What do you do?
1. In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, and half of the chiles.
2. In a large wok (deep skillet if you don’t have it), heat oil over high heat. Add garlic mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds to 1 minute. Throw in the pork and cook, stirring constantly 3 to 4 minutes until pork begins to brown and is no longer pink. Add lime zest, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and taste the deliciousness you just made. You can adjust the seasoning if necessary (doubt it).
3. Spoon into lettuce cups and sprinkle with radishes, shallots, cilantro or mint and remaining chiles. Serve with a pretty lime wedge.
Thanks for the help mom! (i gave her the hard job)