Ok so I love banana bread but what’s even better than that? Peanut butter banana bread. Especially when it’s right out of the oven steaming with goodness, of course. It’s super moist and oh so delicious your taste buds will love you. Oh, and it’s pretty healthy with a little bit of naughty sugar to make it even better.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium, you can add a half extra if you like it extra banana-y)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
What you do:
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Beat in bananas. Add to the mixture.
3. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
4. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.