MM..mmm…I have all kinds of goodness today…in a sandwich.
This is not just any sandwich, it’s a delicious Vietnamese fusion sandwich that my friend Nick turned me on to.
It’s great for lunch, brunch, dinner, linner, anything
What you will need:
- Chinese Char Siu Pork (You should be able to find the glaze in a Chinese grocery store or check out the recipe below)
- French baguette
- Cucumbers (sliced lengthwise)
- Celery (thinkly sliced)
Char Siu Pork Marinade:
- 1/2 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon thai chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
Sauce to spread on the baguette:
- Hoisin Sauce
Mix mayonnaise and hoisin until it makes an orange paste. About 2 parts mayo to 1 part hoisin.
How to make:
1. Lightly toast the baguette for 3 minutes in a toaster oven.
2. Spread the sauce on the top and bottom of the baguette.
3. Place thin slices of Chinese Char Siu Pork on top.
4. Place cucumbers, celery and a heaping of cilantro.
Enjoy and thank you to Nick for the delicious recipe!